1. Gala and Silent Auction Committee: responsible for soliciting, gathering and organizing silent auction items for an online silent auction in the spring that culminates the night of the gala. All items will need to be pictured and detailed on a website to share with community; post auction responsibilities will include distribution of items to winning bidders.
Lead: Cherilyn Fox Click here to sign up for the Silent Auction committee.
2. Fundraising Committee: responsible for helping set up dates and locations for Family Dine Outs, get the word out to the community regarding programs that help raise money: Ralphs, Amazon Smile, Food4Less, Box tops 4 education, etc. Help coordinate prizes and kickoff for Raise Craze and Read-a-thon fundraisers.
Volunteers Needed! Click here to sign up for the Programs committee.
- Food Chair: responsible for food planning for school nights, dances, movie nights, teacher events, Food Truck negotiation. Volunteer Needed
- Dine-Out Chair: responsible for the coordination of all the Dine-outs. Dan Dise
1. Teacher Appreciation Committee: primary responsibility is to handle the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon, coffee/treats on the first day before school starts next year, and set up a crew to just help teachers when they need a little extra help with projects. Volunteers Needed! Click here to sign up for the Teacher Appreciation committee.
2. Movie Night Committee: responsible for purchasing pre-packaged snacks and beverages to ‘sell’ (to offset costs) at movie nights. Committee can also help create pre-event entertainment and help promote the event. Volunteers Needed! Click here to sign up for the Movie Night committee.
3. Coffee and Community Committee: responsible for handing out coffee before school (6-8 per year) and potentially for other school events throughout the year. Committee members also work on getting the coffee (hopefully donated), tables set up and saying 'good morning' to parents as they exit campus and offer them coffee and other community outreach opportunities throughout the year Volunteers Needed! Click here to sign up for the current Coffee Morning.
4. Gala and Silent Auction Committee: responsible for helping plan the Gala. Includes securing corporate sponsors, helping plan the event and execute the plans, decor, food, entertainment, advertising, getting alcohol donations, etc.
Co-Chairs: Cherilyn Fox and Erika Jarrick Click here to sign up for the Gala committee.
5. Beautification Committee: works with Governance Campus Beautification to gather donations for paint, garden supplies, plants, etc. Connect with organizations: Teach America, AmeriCore, LA Works. Volunteers Needed! Click here to sign up for the Beautification committee.
1. Communications Committee: responsible for general communications to PTA members and the general public via social, website and newsletter. Work with Technology Lead to maintain an up-to-date website. Provide media releases as requested.
2. Marketing Committee: responsible for creating flyers, pledge forms, infographics for fundraisers, website, etc.
3. Membership Committee: responsible for increasing PTA visibility, coordinate PTA presence at school functions and coordinate local member perks for our PTA members. Give regular membership reports at all PTA meetings. Maintain a list of members, updating as new members are enrolled. Provide copies to the unit president and secretary. Promote current member benefits to give added value to PTA membership.
Grade-Level Leads and Room Parents will need to be identified as the school year starts. A parent from each grade level to lead and work closely to disseminate information as necessary as well a support any grade level specific events or concerns (namely, 5th grade fundraising). Coordination will encourage community amongst each grade level and class as well as support our teachers.
1. Room Parent Lead: responsible for dispensing information to the various room parents for all the grade levels, acting as a point person for all the room parents. Encourages easy, two-way communication between teacher(s) and parents on what’s happening in the classroom to support student success. Helps to promote PTA goals, membership and activities on campus.
2. 5th Grade Committee: responsible for working with teacher(s) and parents/guardians, to coordinate the 5th Grade students events including field trips, yearbook dedication fundraising and all 5th Grade commencement and culmination activities.